Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy 2018-20
Applicants are considered on their merit with an emphasis on their general aptitude, academic qualifications, life experience , an empathic and caring disposition and their maturity. The minimum age for applicants is 18 years old, with no maximum age.
A qualification in Anatomy and Physiology Level 3/4 is a prerequisite for enrolment on the Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy course. The Yorkshire School provides excellent professional training in Anatomy and Physiology by distance learning with Josie McMaster. This training can be started immediately and it is strongly recommended that you complete as much as possible of the A and P by the start of the full Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy course in Sept 2018. We realise though that, for late enrolments, this may not always be possible, so a suitable timeframe will be mutually agreed upon with the School for the exam, which is pencilled in for Jan 2019.
If you are a trained Nurse, or similar, and/or have any existing qualifications in Anatomy and Physiology (that are current and up to date), this may be taken into consideration and you may not need to do any further training in this subject. We would need a copy of your training certificates.
Much of the communication throughout the course will be by email. Access to a personal computer, access to the Internet and basic computer skills are necessary to maintain a clear communication channel and produce the course work effectively.
If you have any questions or simply ‘wish to talk things through,’ please don’t hesitate to contact the School Principal Emmalene Katayama directly by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07951 011423 / 01484 384297.
You will need to submit the following documents by post to YSNH, Emmalene Katayama, 40 Harriet St., Brighouse, West Yorkshire HD6 2BU:
- A hand-written Letter of Self Introduction including your experience of Complementary Therapies, in particular Aromatherapy and Massage, any relevant life experience that has prepared you for the course, your reasons for wishing to study the Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy with us, what you wish to gain from the experience, and your personal strengths and weaknesses.
- A CV including your full name, date of birth, address, contact telephone numbers and email address, your academic qualifications, work experience to date, and personal interests. As a Word Document, or similar.
- My Interpretation of Holism: A written enrichment task asking you to interpret what holism means to you. Written or typed. Keep it concise. Max. 500 words. By all means, feel free to also explore the subject with any media e.g. drawing, painting, collage etc.
- Completed application form (for download and print).
- Upon acceptance, a bank transfer or cheque for non-refundable deposit of £350 and £100 for the in-house training and A and P distance learning module respectively .